They commended the company's management for the dividend of N7.2 billion recommended for the year.
Speaking at the 8th Annual General Meeting of the company last Friday in
Dangote Sugar recorded a turnover of N102.467 billion in 2013 as against N106.868 billion in 2012.
However, profit before tax rose from N16.331 billion in 2012 to N20.099 billion in 2013, while profit after tax grew from N10.796 billion to N13.537 billion.
The directors recommended a dividend of N7.2 billion, which translated into 60 kobo per share. The shareholders unanimously approved the dividend.
Addressing the shareholders, Chairman of the Dangote Sugar, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, said the 2013 financial year was impacted by variable market conditions, ranging from volatile world market sugar prices to consumer sensitivity.
"I am happy to report, however, that by adapting to the needs of our customers, we sustained our leadership position in the market and grew our profits during the period under review.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama