The Government of President
When in place, he stated, it would be a Decision Support System that would create a database on the federal highways such as traffic, axle loading, road conditions, right of way, among others and enable the ministry to plan, budget and prioritise its projects scientifically. This, he noted, would lead to improved performance, monitoring and value for money at all times. Speaking at the 2014 edition of the
"As we progress with the transformation of the road sector, I call for the understanding and co-operation of all Nigerians to support the sincere desire of the President Jonathan administration to bequeath better and safer roads to Nigerians, not only to serve as a veritable tool for economic empowerment, but also a tool for enhanced national integration." Onolememen however lamented the challenges faced in the management of our roads due to road abuse, "With the enormous resources the Federal Government is putting into the development of roads across the country, it is pertinent to draw your attention to some of the social challenges we have had to contend with since assumption of duty in the road sector.
"Axle load of trucks beyond acceptable tonnage on our highways, indiscriminate cutting across the highways, burning of tyres on the roads, erection of bumps on our roads, destruction of our road furniture, encroachment on our right of ways, etc are issues that attract sanction by Government.
"We enjoin all Nigerians to desist from all forms of road abuse." He however announced that the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map