The number of broadband Internet users in
The figure includes 313,189 residential subscribers (up 2% q/q and 7.8% y/y) and 25,297 business subscribers (up 6.1% q/q and 15.8% y/y). The most popular access technologies were xDSL (49.1% share), CaTV (26.5%) and LAN networks (14.3%). The most popular access speeds were 8-20 Mbps (123,563 subscribers), 4-8 Mbps (105,347 subscribers) and 2-4 Mbps (86,784 subscribers).
Incumbent fixed line operator Makedonski Telekom was the largest fixed broadband Internet service provider with a 42.3% market share, followed by cable TV operator blizoo with 13.9%.
The number of narrowband and broadband Internet subscribers through mobile networks (2G/3G) was 801,669 in Q4 2013, down 0.8% q/q, but 4.6% higher on the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007