The number of broadband Internet users in
The figure includes 313,189 residential subscribers (up 2% q/q and 7.8% y/y) and 25,297 business subscribers (up 6.1% q/q and 15.8% y/y). The most popular access technologies were xDSL (49.1% share), CaTV (26.5%) and LAN networks (14.3%). The most popular access speeds were 8-20 Mbps (123,563 subscribers), 4-8 Mbps (105,347 subscribers) and 2-4 Mbps (86,784 subscribers).
Incumbent fixed line operator Makedonski Telekom was the largest fixed broadband Internet service provider with a 42.3% market share, followed by cable TV operator blizoo with 13.9%.
The number of narrowband and broadband Internet subscribers through mobile networks (2G/3G) was 801,669 in Q4 2013, down 0.8% q/q, but 4.6% higher on the year.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years