CONTRACTORS who fail to implement water projects awarded to them on time and at desired quality should not be awarded any tender by the local governments,
The RC sounded the warning here over the weekend while on inspection tour of water projects in
Eng. Manyanya was prompted to issue the directive after she found out during the tour that some of the projects were not completed on time and were of poor quality.
"Our region has not been able to realize satisfactory performance in the education sector as far as BRN is concerned.
It is on this backdrop that we have to put our efforts in the water sector," Eng. Manyanya, who is also Special Seats MP through CCM, said.
Speaking earlier, a water engineer from the region's secretariat,
According to the engineer, five water projects are undertaken in Sumbawanga municipality while four projects are in
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson