The Managing Director,
Suberu made the appeal at the weekend in an interaction with journalists in Lokoja, the state capital.
According to him, for micro finance banks to function properly and effectively, federal government should bring back the board whose statutory responsibility was to control the activities of the community banks in terms of regulation and legislation.
Suberu said the scrapping of the board and the merging of all the activities of community banks with the mega banks in the country under the supervision of Central Bank of
He explained that the current legislation did not favour community banks because of its uniformity.
Suberu called on individual and corporate organisations to partner with Kogi Savings and Loans in the area of mortgage for the benefit of the people.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare