The loonie moved ahead 0.06 of a cent to
Although it is quiet on the Canadian economic front, there are major items coming up later in the week.
And traders will be looking for the latest U.S. growth data to see if the American economy actually contracted in the first quarter. The first revision to U.S. gross domestic product data will be released on Thursday. The initial report showed growth coming in at a paltry 0.1 per cent as severe winter weather impacted the economy. But markets are braced for a worse reading.
Commodity markets were closed in
Metals were higher with July copper ahead
Overseas, Ukraine’s new president-elect promised to negotiate an end to a pro-
Draghi’s remarks at a conference in
The meeting will take place against the background of a slow recovery in the 18 countries that share the euro currency and concern that
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare