In the sunshine-yellow green room,
"Think of me as Tinder-Man," he says
On cue, fellow returningAmerica's Got Talentjudges
Klum hated that comedian. "I had no problem with his awkwardness. I just didn't like his jokes," she says. Stern and Mandel helped send the guy through.
Enter the "Golden Buzzer," a last-minute rescue by a judge. And this year, talent can submit videos to the Todayshow. The top three entries will perform on Today, and fans can vote one into the live shows.
"Shows can get stale, let's face it," Stern says. "We take that into account."
The weirdest acts they've seen this year? One "was setting a record for the most spiders put on his face," Mandel says. "They were poisonous tarantulas. Then Heidi put them on her."
Does that make Mel B the normal one? Hardly. During one taping, the judges repeatedly tried to ax an act, "and we're buzzing and buzzing," Klum says.
Under the desk, a member of the show's technical team finds a strange wire, Mandel says, "and where does the wire go to?
Mel B says, "My phone died!"
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures