The combination of having next generation mobile broadband networks and the ability to buy affordable smart devices, has created a captive audience in the
"The region is a unique environment for gadget consumers and a region that device vendors should be watching very carefully to identify emerging trends," stated
"Demand for smart devices and the need to be constantly connected on mobile devices is higher in this region that most of the western world, with
"Therefore it is no surprise that consumers in the
Fawakherji said the rapid rise in the regional Internet economy is linked to vast improvements in mobile data services and wireless connectivity across Middle Eastern countries.
"As a result, market analysis shows us that consumers are spending more time viewing video content than ever before. In fact, watching short videos on social networking sites such as
Fawakherji said that this shows that the development of a thriving internet economy, supported by the improvement to data services and particularly video, is continuing to transform the way that consumers interact with their smart devices.
"With fast-rising data usage from video, it is an indicator to technology vendors that mobile devices will be the main driver of internet usage in the future. This is a consumer buying trend that is prevalent in the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare