The group blames liquidity challenges and declining consumer spending for the negative impact on overall aggregate demand for its products.
Battery volumes are behind by 10% compared to last year while paper volumes also trail the comparative period by 13%.
"The group's overall profitability in the current year is premised on a recovery in the second half of the year," said group company secretary, Franklin Mukarakate.
A substantial number of companies in
"Total revenue is down 8% on prior year. The half year results will be lower than expected," said Mukarakate in the company's trading update.
As at the end of 2013, the group registered another decline in revenue to
Last year the group announced that its products were constrained by the liquidity crunch in the economy, as well as competition emanating from the influx of cheaper imports.
Mukarakate said progress had been made on the recapitalisation front with commitments of
The group last year reportedly got a South Korean shareholder who was expected to inject
Recapitalisation was reportedly expected to be channelled towards working capital, capital expenditure as well as debt restructuring.
In 2012, the group decided to discontinue selected operations while some properties were disposed of in order to raise capital for businesses with sustainable prospects.
Mukarakate added that "arrangements" on restructuring the balance sheet and bank loans were in progress.
The company also anticipates increased battery demand in winter expected to result in improved trading during this period.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American