Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, the Supervising Minister,
The launch was organised by the NPC in collaboration with the
Yuguda said the project was initiated by the
According to him, the overall objective of the project is to ensure improved standard of living of citizens and enhance financial management process in the country.
He said "the project has three main components, such as youth employment and access to socioeconomic services, public financial management reforms and project coordination and implementation support at the federal and sub-national levels.
"It is worthy to note that these three components form the tripod upon which the 2014 annual budget of Federal Government and the Transformation Agenda rest."
Yuguda added that the Federal Government had established institutional framework to ensure coordination and effective delivery of the project at the national and state levels.
The World Bank Country Director for
Marie-Nelly called for collective leadership and responsibility by stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the project.
The EU Ambassador to
Arrion said the EU gave the grant in consonance with the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness.
The Head of Service in Edo, Mr Jerry Obazele, said the project had gone a long way in creating jobs for youths in the state.
Obazele said the state government had employed more than 500 youths through the project to sanitise environment and maintain roads.
He said that "through this project, we have succeeded in having 23 community empowerment driven programmes.
"Right now, 900 youths are being interviewed for employment and six technical colleges have fully been renovated."
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile