In a statement,
"This has been another positive period for many of the companies in the portfolio which are performing well. The continuing encouraging performance of your portfolio supports the view that well-managed and prudently financed businesses can succeed in challenging market conditions. The board believes that the portfolio is well positioned to take advantage of the more promising outlook for the
During the six months, the VCT invested
"The adviser is also of the view that there are many promising new opportunities to invest in established, profitable businesses on attractive terms. In addition, there continue to be several opportunities to provide further finance to certain businesses in the portfolio to enable them to make acquisitions," Hook said.
"The company's significant cash resources will enable it to capitalise on the opportunities for new investment. Similarly, the adviser is seeing interest from potential acquirers in a number of portfolio businesses, and so believes exit prospects are also favourable," Hook added.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border