Sources told businessdigest that the board voted unanimously for the deal at the group's Annual General Meeting held in the capital this week.
The transaction resolution came under special business of the AGM.
"The AGM was important for the transaction and it was unanimously voted for under special business," said the source.
Under the transaction, the Russian investment group,
The deal now awaits regulatory approvals.
TIB is set to continue with its plans to become a commercial bank. Information gathered by businessdigest suggests that Tetrad is not looking at having "serious" branch presence in the market.
A source said management at the bank would largely remain unchanged. Currently
The deal is expected to improve the bank's capital position and unlock lines of credit for the institution.
HCC's take-over of Tetrad comes hot on the heels of the
Commercial banks were initially required by the central Bank to have minimum capitalisation of
but this was later extended to 2020.
Tetrad has interests in the financial services sector, insurance, property, mining and other areas of commerce.
Efforts to reach Mlambo proved fruitless at the time of going to print as his mobile phone went unanswered.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007