Structural reforms remain vital for enhancing
The mission urged the Kyrgyz authorities to approve swiftly the Banking Code, Payments System Law, and Anti-Money Laundering/Combating Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) legislation currently in the parliament.
Adopting this legislation would be a major step forward in developing the financial sector and enable it to support strong private sector-led growth. It will modernize the resolution regime, streamline the supervisory framework, and bring the AML/CFT framework in line with best international practice.
Speeding up the public financial sector management reforms will help to increase further the transparency of the public finances.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists