Structural reforms remain vital for enhancing
The mission urged the Kyrgyz authorities to approve swiftly the Banking Code, Payments System Law, and Anti-Money Laundering/Combating Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) legislation currently in the parliament.
Adopting this legislation would be a major step forward in developing the financial sector and enable it to support strong private sector-led growth. It will modernize the resolution regime, streamline the supervisory framework, and bring the AML/CFT framework in line with best international practice.
Speeding up the public financial sector management reforms will help to increase further the transparency of the public finances.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row