The U.S. stock market is edging mostly higher in quiet trading ahead of the
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,894 in the first few minutes of trading Friday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 36 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,580. The Nasdaq composite fell four points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,150.
Video game seller
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.53 percent from 2.55 percent late Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs