The U.S. stock market is edging mostly higher in quiet trading ahead of the
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,894 in the first few minutes of trading Friday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 36 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,580. The Nasdaq composite fell four points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,150.
Video game seller
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.53 percent from 2.55 percent late Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild