"I believe our support for our military on the field must be matched by support for our veterans at home," Senator Mikulski said. "Our brave men and women who fought for our freedom shouldn't have to fight for a job or fight the red tape of bureaucracy for healthcare when they return home. That's why I am working hard every day in the
The legislation invests in our veterans after serving our country by helping them to find jobs. This funding includes
"Our men and women in uniform who have fought for our freedom shouldn't have to fight for a job when they get home," Senator Mikulski said. "After serving our country honorably, all veterans deserve the chance to earn a paycheck and support their families."
Senator Mikulski has been a strong advocate for veterans and military families. She led the fight for the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration program to help vets reintegrate into civilian lives and connect with potential employers and was a vocal proponent of the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011, which provides veterans with job training and education while encouraging businesses to hire disabled and unemployed veterans.
This bill funds a major priority of Senator Mikulski to eliminate veterans' homelessness. It provides
This bill also makes sure we are meeting our commitment to our most recent generation of veterans, those who fought in
The bill also includes important funding to improve current health care programs for veterans. It provides
The legislation was approved by the full Committee today. In the next step of the appropriations process, the bill will move to the
Read this original document at: http://www.mikulski.senate.gov/media/pressrelease/5-22-2014-3.cfm
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z