The futures market indicates that stocks on
Following the modest gains made on Thursday, the US futures markets indicate that stocks will attempt to push higher again, with the DJIA, the S&P 500, and the Nasdaq Composite all set to open slightly firmer.
The Nasdaq Composite posted the best US gains on Thursday, rising 0.6%, boosted in part by newly listed JD.com. The second-largest Chinese e-commerce company after
US shoe retailer
The US economic calendar is light Friday, with just new home sales data to come at
"April US new home sales should more than recoup the inexplicable March decline of 14.5% month-on-month," said Societe General in note to clients. The bank is looking for a particularly strong rise of 19.8% in April.
The dollar has gained a little ground across the board ahead of the US data and also as elections to the European Parliament get underway. Analysts suggest that major gains by anti-EU parties are likely, as unemployment and sluggish growth in the region has caused anger among voters.
Currently the pound trades at a near session low of
That protest vote is also in evidence in the
Heading into the US market open, the
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego