Beneficiaries of the
The total amount of savings for the second phase amounted to 625,000LD, while interest from loans to members amounted to700, 000LD, giving a cumulative total savings of
During distribution of shares recently in
The Commissioner for
The Town Chief of
The Manager of the
He recalled that when the programme was initiated, many did not want to participate, thinking that they were being deceived. "Today, we are all present to witness a great occasion which came as a result of hard work and willingness of members to follow instructions".
Mr. Ndingi described the group as proud achievers and encouraged them to continue in the same direction in order to lift their families out of poverty through business.
Earlier, the VSLA training had only five members that were involved in petty trade in New town and U-Lah, with no business management skills. Today, almost all members trained are involved in one form of business or another.
Members are elated over the benefits they have been able to reap from the training and savings. One of the beneficiaries and the only male in the group,
"Now that I am a member of Lorkiamue VSLA," he said, "it did not take me long to realize my dream. I took a loan from the Association and within one year, I have built a four bedroom house."
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO