The IMF mission encouraged the Kyrgyz authorities to speed up the implementation of a broad range of reforms specified in the National Sustainable Development Strategy.
Fiscal consolidation supported by tax policy and administration reforms aimed at increasing tax revenues, as well as expenditure restructuring, will be essential to create additional fiscal space for social spending. The civil service reform would help to generate a modern public administration system with competitive salaries, IMF mission said in a statement following visit to
A stable and predictable investment climate with proper contract enforcement, strengthened property rights, and addressing perceived corruption are essential for attracting investment and spurring growth, the statement says.
Improving further the business environment and reforming the energy sector will enable the
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply