A Bill to amend PART V SECTION 19, Sub-section 1&2 of the provisions of the Act Establishing the
According to, Hon.
The Nimba Lawmaker maintained that the United States Dollars can be reserved for the settlement of international obligations and foreign trade.
He noted that the use of both the Liberian and United States Dollars as legal tender on the Liberian market is not only affecting the business sector but rather causing serious constraints for local retailers, petty-traders, consumers, buyers and importers.
"Fellow colleagues, in my truest opinion, I believe this Plenary has the statutory mandate to take affirmative action that leads to making the Liberian Dollars the sole currency for all legal business transaction within our borders and when done, the problem of two markets (buying and selling) in
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges