CWB today released its Pool Return Outlooks (PROs) for the 2014-15 pools and Futures Choice pools. Compared to the last PRO release on
See table here (http://www.cwb.ca/news/96/cwb-pros-mostly-higher-in-latest-outlook-for-2014-15).
Note: PROs are provided as price indications based on current nearby and forward markets. They are calculated basis track west coast or
To calculate pool returns backed off to the farm, farmers should factor in country deductions that they negotiate directly with grain handlers. These deductions may vary at different times of the year.
Given current PRO assumptions, farmers in the 2014-15 Futures Choice Pools can expect to achieve a final return for 1 CWRS 13.5 in-store port position made up of the
The durum market has shown some strength recently as durum stocks in
Barley prices have improved since the last PRO release as a result of reduced seeded acreage globally, which is translating into tighter supplies in E.U. and
The canola PROs are based on the current futures market values plus projected forward basis levels. Present futures exhibit virtually no carry in the forward structure, which is unusual, but may be reflecting part of the influence of soybeans futures which are inverted due to tight carry-out supplies with large new crop supplies forecast.
Since the last PRO release, prices for field peas have improved significantly in part due to improving fluidity in the Canadian transportation system. Supply is starting to move more easily and this is helping to perk up demand.
General pool assumptions:
* Canadian dollar at
* Current forward futures structure for wheat and canola.
* The Annual Pool reflects activity through the entire crop year, with sales to be executed by the end of
CC AutoTriage13cn-140523-30TagarumaMar-4744420 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio