Senior officials of the firm are participating at the ongoing the annual meeting of the
A panel during the event focused on entrepreneurship and job growth, SMEs and fostering innovation in
"It's no secret; there is an unbelievably high unemployment rate across the continent," said
"The 500 million Africans currently of working age are projected to exceed 1.1 billion by 2040, more than
"This is because it is a cross-cutting tool that enables sectors as diverse as agriculture, healthcare, power, water and governance.
However, while a critical driver for growth, there is a universal shortage of skilled IT workers - and SAP Africa is going to change this," Meyer said.
Through focus, collaboration and commitment from partners, to support the
Meyer said as one of the most important drivers of growth in economies across Sub Saharan Africa, accounting for up to 90 percent of all businesses in these markets, the SME is a key focus area for the company.
More than 80 percent of SAP's 176 000 global customers are SMEs, 90 percent of which are in the lower middle and small enterprise markets.
Business software solutions are invaluable tools to help SMEs remain lean and efficient companies while supporting business growth with quick and accurate decision making, he said.
Meyer said SAP was introducing alternative business software deployment, packaging and licensing options such as software-as-a-service, cloud computing and pre-built applications to guide them in their growth.
"Effective innovation for
"SAP's research centre in
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment