In a bid to deal with the financial issues limiting production, wealth generation, job creation, and global competitiveness, under the umbrella of the
At an event held last Thursday on the planned establishment of the microfinance bank, a senior official of
The official said as the project has reached its end, the need to have a funding alternative cannot be over-emphasised, therefore the idea to turn the association into a microfinance bank.
He added that it is expected that the microfinance bank when it launches operation would be able to help the teeming farmers with lucrative loans and start-up capital to start or continue with their farming activities.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention