The retailer said on Thursday trading had improved in the fourth quarter of its financial year as it closed lossmaking stores and made its maternity clothing more fashionable.
Sales for the year to 29 March rose 0.5% as a 6.4% rise in international sales to £729.2m helped offset a 7.5% slump in
There was relief as the retailer confirmed that it had persuaded its bankers to give it more breathing space to complete its turnaround plan with improved terms and a £10m increase in its loan facility. The company said it had ended the year with debts of £46.5m as it controlled stocks tightly.
But he added: "We are determined to achieve our goal of returning the
"In our view, any management recovery plan might require more capital and higher lease provisions on an already weak balance sheet," said
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review