A new integration framework in the MIP SDK 2014 enables fast and easy integration of access control systems with XProtect VMS through XProtect Access Control Module 2014. The framework allows access control systems to use video functions in the XProtect Smart Client interface, simplifying the user experience.
New metadata framework
Milestone introduces an ONVIF (
Examples of new possibilities created by the use of metadata are:
- Automatic presentation of bounding boxes around objects identified by camera-embedded video analytics. A bounding box is a frame that highlights an object in a video image. The box is based on the specific video analytics algorithms in the cameras to highlight objects of a specific type or color, objects moving in a certain direction and more. The XProtect Smart Client has builtin support for displaying bounding boxes based on metadata generated by supported cameras.
- GPS location information can be included when using Video Push in Milestone Mobile, which has the option to include location metadata in Video Push. The location metadata in Video Push significantly enhances the validity of captured video recordings. It opens up an array of integration possibilities because the location metadata is available for third-party applications via the MIP SDK 2014.
Camera manufacturers and
The MIP SDK 2014 also introduces the ability to make changes to configuration settings in the XProtect VMS. This enables
"As a cornerstone in Milestones open platform concept, the MIP SDK enables the unique and seamless integration of third-party applications and systems with XProtect. This empowers
"With this 2014 release of MIP SDK we are giving our partners the opportunity to integrate with XProtect using metadata. This paves the way for innovative uses of video in business or security contexts. The new metadata framework in the 2014 release is a groundbreaking, future-oriented foundation for data-centric integrations with XProtect."
Technical reference Please refer to the http://www.milestonesys.com/Support/Technical-Support/supportedhardware/xprotectcorporate/ technical support section on http://www.milestonesys.com/www.milestonesys.com for details on devices compatible with the XProtect metadata framework.
XProtect MIP SDK 2014 is compatible with:
- XProtect Corporate 2014
- XProtect Expert 2014
- XProtect Enterprise 2014
- XProtect Professional 2014
- XProtect Express 2014
Use of metadata and the system configuration Application Programming Interface (API) are only supported in XProtect Corporate 2014 and XProtect Expert 2014.
The MIP SDK is available now for all Milestone Solution partners.
About Milestone Systems
Founded in 1998, Milestone Systems is the global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, according to
Milestone Press Contact:
Jos Svendsen, PR Manager EMEA
Tel: +45 2552 9383
Courtney Dillon Pedersen, PR Manager
Tel. +1 (503) 719-3439
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply