Kalahari.com has announced the arrival of gobii IIP and IVP dual-sim card smartphones, launching at R999 with 200MB of free
These are one of only a few smartphones in
Internationally awarded tech guru,
"At this price point, you can expect that the smartphone will be getting many people online for the first time and this will be their primary access point to the web. A large number of users are likely to be school kids whose parents would not otherwise be able to afford home internet access. Whether used for work or play, affordably priced smartphones will create a more publicly engaged society - with easier access to news, social media, apps and cheap communications."
"The DNA of the range has always been about delivering technology at a good price point and we are delighted to be able to add phones to this range," says Caren Genthner-Kappesz, CEO of kalahari.com.
The entry-level IIP with its 4" touch screen offers 4GB storage and a dual core processor while the slightly larger 4.5" IVP boasts 8GB storage and a quad core processor. Storage for both devices is extendable with a SD card - up to 36MB (IIP) and 40MB (IVP). Each has 1GB RAM and a software enhanced 8.0MP rear camera. An extra battery is available free of charge with the IIP to ensure uninterrupted use while the IVP comes with a handy leatherette cover.
Aside from the kalahari.com eReader app, the smartphones comes with the kalahari.com online shopping app installed to make it easier to shop online. Pre-loaded social media apps include Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, MyEdit and
The new WiFi & 3G gobii tablet is currently on pre-order and expected to be available at the end of
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row