GOVERNMENT will act on the
Director of policy, research, planning and co-ordination in the Local
"We are awaiting the report from the mayor on the issue since he has already said they would institute investigations into the matter,"
He, however, said it was common practice to buy cars for projects of the magnitude being undertaken by the city.
"It is normal in any construction project of this nature that there is a provision for procurement of vehicles even in Government. However, at the end of the project those vehicles are not owned by individuals but become property of Government," he said.
When it was pointed that the city had exceeded what was provided for in the project plan,
The full council tasked Cllr Manyenyeni to set up a team of two councillors and three others to look into the matter.
Council spent at least
The size of the project team and inclusion of certain officials has also been questioned, with sources saying it was largely an electrical and mechanical initiative that did not warrant involvement of some of the executives included.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?