Airbus Defence and Space has awarded Thales a multi-million pound contract to supply the
The Full-Flight Simulator employs state-of-the-art visual and motion technology developed and produced by Thales that represents the current production cockpit configuration of the Airbus A400M aircraft and simulates the ground and flight operations of the aircraft in various natural and tactical environments. It includes an enhanced field-of-view visual system that can support training in all aircraft manoeuvres, including air-to-air refuelling and low-level tactical operations. The motion system offers six degrees of freedom. Also provided are on-board and off-board instructor stations and a record and replay system to aid crew briefing and debriefing.
Both Full Flight Simulators will help train aircrews at the RAF Brize Norton training school in Oxfordshire.
Through ATSL, Thales also successfully delivered the training school building at the end of March.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya