The event commenced with welcome remarks from Mr
He highlighted the essentials required for growth namely transparency, certainty and sharing of the tax burden. ACCA Budget proposals were shared by
He said removing all exemptions, formulating equitable & across the board tax policies, reducing tax rates and expanding tax base should be the way forward approach of policymakers to improve the tax revenue.
Government should take policy measures to facilitate enlisting of SMEs on stock exchanges in order to promote investment and expand tax base.
He said government should take business community on board in budget making process and facilitate those in documentation who voluntarily want to come into the tax net. Tax laws and procedures should be simplified as complicated taxation system is a discouraging factor for taxpayers.
The seminar concluded with a vote of thanks from
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free