ENP Newswire -
Release date- 21052014 -
CS2 will provide a platform for focused large scale, highly integrated demonstrators with our partners. Within the frame of the CS2 collaborative research platform,
The CS2 initiative, which is complementary to other internal, national and international R&T efforts, will bring together
Platform 1: '
Platform 2: 'Innovative Physical Integration Cabin - System - Structure' will target advanced fuselage structural and aircraft systems concepts for possible next generation cabin architectures. To be able to account for the variety of the test programme requirements, three individual major demonstrators will be deployed. Several smaller test rigs and component demonstrators will also be part of the programme in the preparatory phase.
Platform 3: 'Next Generation Electrical Aircraft System, Cockpit and Avionics' will culminate in a cockpit ground demonstrator which will demonstrate features to significantly reduce pilot workload, enhance navigation with mission-management systems, and improve communications with the ground. In addition, flight tests will validate some of the innovative features of the new cockpit concept. The cockpit demonstrator will also explore innovations to monitor the aircraft status.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English