IMRC residencies support the creative research, production and presentation of initiatives in New Media, Intermedia, and other technology areas, and their social and cultural application. The residency supports a period of concentration and immersion in creative investigation, cutting-edge research or production of visionary, experimental applications and projects. Potential initiatives might range from live Intermedia productions, sound and physical computing works to technical prototypes, installations and tactical media events. The resident is committed to supporting a diverse and broad ranging creative environment. We consequently encourage applications from the broadest possible range of individuals and creative technologists to this program.
There are two yearly awardees, one in the spring and one in the fall for eight to twelve weeks. Residents will be selected from an open call based on the quality of the work or research being proposed, the availability of the necessary tools and skills to support the work, and the relation of the proposed statement of interest to the mission and activities of the IMRC, the Foster Student Innovation Center and/or the
Located on the
To apply please follow the link below to complete your application to the Residency program. You will be asked to:
- Complete the application. The application will ask for the contact information of three references. Letters of reference are not required.
- Submit a Statement of Interest. Please provide a short statement, not to exceed 500 words, on the nature of your interests in the residency and plan and pproaches for research conducted during stay.
- Submit a current resume or CV PDF. Collaborative teams must submit individual resumes/CV.
- Upload up to 10 images, video and/or audio clips of your work created in the last two years. (Files should be pdf, doc, docx, jpg, tiff, mp3, wav, mp4, mov, mpg and should not exceed 2M for images or 7M for audio or video files.)
- Provide a file description list to include title of work (corresponding to file name), date executed, media and dimensions. Add any brief narrative necessary to inform the jury about each individual work.
For more information and to apply to the residency program:
For more information about IMRC: http://www.imrccenter.com.
For more information about the Intermedia MFA: www.intermediamfa.org.
For more information about the New Media Program: http://newmedia.umaine.edu.
The IMRC Researcher in Residence Program is made possible by support from the Intermedia MFA Program, the
For further information contact the IMRC at email@example.com.
CC AutoTriage5rn-140521-30FurigayJane-4741305 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings