Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Helmholtz-Zentrum, "Extensive PECVD process window characterization was undertaken for the silicon layers that have the biggest impact on device performance. Single layer silicon on glass data and 1 x 1 cm2 single junction and TJ solar cell data for amorphous intrinsic silicon and microcrystalline intrinsic silicon layers have been collected. Single layer characterization data for p-doped micro-crystalline silicon oxide layer (mu c-SiOx:H-p) for aluminum doped zinc oxide substrates is being presented, as well as solar cell data. The manufacturability of the mu c-SiOx:H-p process is being considered."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Finally, we present the best solar cell results obtained with the optimized PECVD process, as well as baseline performance data."
For more information on this research see: Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition process optimization for thin film silicon tandem junction solar cells.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment