Iranian researchers from
Results of the research can have applications in pharmaceutical industry,
The research showed that boron nitride nanotubes are among efficient materials in target drug delivery to cancer tissue to cure cancer. The nanostructures have high physical and chemical stability.
Boron nitride nanotubes are hydrophobic and insoluble in water, and they are resistant to oxidation. A drug carrier must necessarily have the above-mentioned properties.
In this research, interactions between boron nitride nanotubes and anticancer drugs of Cisplatin and Nedaplatin were studied through DFT computational method.
Interactions between drugs and nanotubes, whose surface have been modified with aluminum, have been studied in another part of the study.
Results showed that drugs have weak interactions with the nanostructures, regardless of where they have been absorbed on boron nitride nanotube. In case, the surface of nanotube is coated with aluminum, the drugs are adsorbed on nanotubes with significant energy.
The stable structure of the compound expresses the strong sorption of platinum-based drugs by the compound. Therefore, this nanostructured compound is considered an efficient carrier to deliver drug to the target tissue.
Interactions between boron nitride nanotubes and Nedaplatin, which is a new generation of platinum-based anticancer drugs, are much more than those between boron nitride nanotubes and Cisplatin.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience