"Data centre managers are increasingly looking for opportunities to take action on the information they gather from their data centre," said
"Many data centre managers are challenged by the over provisioning and temperature control issues associated with cooling, which can lead to mission critical failures and high energy costs," said
Aimed at bridging the gap between facilities and IT by matching cooling with critical thermal locations on the floor, the self-learning Cooling Optimize module represents the most sophisticated level of maturity for DCIM systems. The module employs advanced software from Vigilent that continuously adjusts cooling as environmental conditions change.
This real-time response to temperature-affecting events, such as equipment moves/upgrades or IT load swings, stabilizes airflow and solves the complex puzzle of cooling resource allocation.
Key benefits of the Cooling Optimize module include:
• Instant results: From the moment the system goes live, dynamic cooling control, improved thermal conditions, and energy savings are immediate.
• Risk mitigation: Up to 95% of hotspots are automatically resolved, and data is provided to help facility managers diagnose trickier issues. The system also includes robust fail-safes and alarms.
• Cost savings: Up to 40% of cooling energy costs are eliminated by delivering all necessary cooling with the lowest possible energy use.
• Increased capacity: Stranded cooling capacity is identified and unlocked, allowing facilities to handle increased IT load.
• Extended equipment lifecycles: Since cooling equipment is used more effectively and efficiently, it lasts longer and requires less maintenance.
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries,
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems, an essential solution for data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company applies advanced Intelligent Analytics® technology to address the real-time energy demands of data centers, colocation providers, telecommunications facilities, and large buildings. Vigilent protects uptime while delivering significant, immediate reductions in cooling energy costs and carbon emissions through automated 24/7 monitoring and control of mission-critical facilities. A privately-held firm located in
Phone: + 44 7887 560218
Phone: +44 7900 302102
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11869981.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio