Including auto fuel, retail sales may show an increase of 5.1% on year and 0.4% on month. In March, sales grew 4.2% over year and 0.1% on a monthly basis.
The point hit 1.6887 against the greenback, its highest since
The pound moved away from early low of 0.8144 against the euro, rising to 0.8116.
The pound rose to 1.5048 against the franc from an early 2-day low of 1.4985.
The pound that fell to multi-week low of 169.79 against the yen bounced off to 170.46.
If the pound extends rise, it is likely to face resistance around 1.70 versus the greenback, 0.80 against the euro and 1.51 against the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007