Including auto fuel, retail sales may show an increase of 5.1% on year and 0.4% on month. In March, sales grew 4.2% over year and 0.1% on a monthly basis.
The point hit 1.6887 against the greenback, its highest since
The pound moved away from early low of 0.8144 against the euro, rising to 0.8116.
The pound rose to 1.5048 against the franc from an early 2-day low of 1.4985.
The pound that fell to multi-week low of 169.79 against the yen bounced off to 170.46.
If the pound extends rise, it is likely to face resistance around 1.70 versus the greenback, 0.80 against the euro and 1.51 against the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'