The second-quarter issue (http://www.dallasfed.org/research/swe/index.cfm) of the
Both a greater ability to find work and a higher incidence of individuals exiting the labor force have helped keep the
Based on a 12-month moving average of long-term unemployment, the ranks of those jobless for more than six months reached a high of 2.9 percent in
Lower long-term unemployment in
Second, a somewhat higher percentage of Texans exited the labor force compared with the nation, in part due to the shorter average duration of unemployment benefits and lower eligibility for those benefits compared with people nationwide.
In "Banking Recovery Could Be Vulnerable to Interest Rate Increases," assistant vice president
Profitability and asset quality continue to strengthen for banks in the U.S. and the
As a result, it appears many banks have lengthened the maturity structure of their asset portfolios, potentially boosting exposure to rising interest rates, the author notes.
"This exposure appears to be greater than what was observed in the prior period of low interest rates but is mitigated by sufficient amounts of capital," Robinson writes.
In "'Reforma Energetica': Mexico Takes First Steps to Overhaul Oil Industry," senior research economist
The fiscal health of the Mexican government and living standards of
The reforms will allow both Pemex and private companies to produce oil and gas in
"The overhaul, if effective, should entice private companies to invest in the oil sector and allow Pemex to become a more efficient and effective company," the authors write. "The benefits of this would include greater oil production and positive spillovers into other parts of the economy."
The reforms should also strongly benefit the
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140521-30FurigayJane-4741616 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American