This Phase 3 clinical trial is a global open-label, multicenter study designed to evaluate the efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of LR769 in adolescent and adult hemophilia A and B patients with inhibitors. The study will evaluate two dosing regimens for the treatment of bleeding episodes and should be completed in 2015. More details can be found on www.clinicaltrials.gov, study identifier NCT02020369.
"The start of patient treatment is an important milestone in the development of LR769 for hemophilia A and B patients with inhibitors to Factor VIII or IX. LFB is committed to working with the hemophilia community to find new treatment options for this condition and to improve the lives of people with hemophilia," commented Christian Bechon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,
Additional Phase 3 studies will assess the efficacy of LR769 for the treatment of bleeding episodes in pediatric hemophilia patients with inhibitors and will evaluate the prevention of bleeding complications in patients undergoing surgery. These studies are expected to start in early 2015. About LFB group LFB (www.lfb.fr) is a biopharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets medicinal products for the treatment of serious and often rare diseases in major therapeutic fields, namely hemostasis, immunology and intensive care.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings