The Kingdom of
The agreement was signed on the margins of a High-Level Meeting of the
Ketso told the meeting that his country was currently revising many mining and minerals policies put in place in the 1970 that would benefit immensely from the expertise of the ALSF.
The government was also negotiating a number of complicated PPP contracts and requires pieces of good legislation to implement policy, he said.
The ALSF was established in 2010 at the behest of African Finance Ministers to cope with excessive creditor litigations (vulture funds) and to assist African countries in negotiating complex commercial contracts.
The Facility assists African states on dozens of projects related to extractive industry contracts, debt negotiations and capacity building.
Membership in the ALSF is open to all sovereign nations and international organizations.
AfDB hosts the ALSF and the high-level meeting took place as part of the Bank's Annual Meetings program.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140521-30FurigayJane-4740896 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day