The Irish Government has launched a 172m venture capital fund for spending in innovative Irish companies in the life-sciences sector.
This is the third investment by the
The investment in this fund adds another source of funding to the Irish market, further increasing the range of sources of funding available for Irish companies, the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
Increasing the availability of different types and sources of non-bank financing is a core objective of the Action Plan for Jobs 2014.
Research shows us that start-up companies have a significant positive impact on job creation. Almost 4,000 high-level jobs alone were created by indigenous venture-capital backed companies in the three years to 2012, Bruton added.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground