The Irish Government has launched a 172m venture capital fund for spending in innovative Irish companies in the life-sciences sector.
This is the third investment by the
The investment in this fund adds another source of funding to the Irish market, further increasing the range of sources of funding available for Irish companies, the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
Increasing the availability of different types and sources of non-bank financing is a core objective of the Action Plan for Jobs 2014.
Research shows us that start-up companies have a significant positive impact on job creation. Almost 4,000 high-level jobs alone were created by indigenous venture-capital backed companies in the three years to 2012, Bruton added.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant