The most aggressive attacks on Chinese cyberspace originate from within
Meanwhile, 135 computers from inside the US controlled 563 phishing websites targeting
Such fraud has inflicted significant losses on Chinese netizens and has included the theft of business secrets, according to the center.
In addition, 1,754 Chinese websites were implanted with software codes via "back-doors" by 2,016 IP addresses originating in the US, the center said.
These are considered the most dangerous threats to online security because such attacks are hard to identify by webmasters and users, the center said.
Based on the data, the US accusations of hacking against five Chinese military officers on Monday are "groundless", the spokesperson told the agency, saying
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire