The most aggressive attacks on Chinese cyberspace originate from within
Meanwhile, 135 computers from inside the US controlled 563 phishing websites targeting
Such fraud has inflicted significant losses on Chinese netizens and has included the theft of business secrets, according to the center.
In addition, 1,754 Chinese websites were implanted with software codes via "back-doors" by 2,016 IP addresses originating in the US, the center said.
These are considered the most dangerous threats to online security because such attacks are hard to identify by webmasters and users, the center said.
Based on the data, the US accusations of hacking against five Chinese military officers on Monday are "groundless", the spokesperson told the agency, saying
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'