Talks for the deal, which would see
The need to curb
"Negotiations are ongoing; the deal could be signed at any moment," said Putin's spokesperson,
Some experts were skeptical about the deal, expecting
"My understanding is that the deal has not been signed today by the Russian and Chinese presidents, which is disappointing," said
Joint statements issued by Putin and his counterpart,
"Both sides underline the need to respect the historical heritage of countries … to resist interference in their internal affairs, to reject the language of unilateral sanctions," a joint statement on the official Kremlin website said.
Utkin said the gas deal would be a concrete step toward diversification.
It could also impact the global energy market. "The impact on the global market is that if
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'