ENP Newswire -
Release date- 16052014 - The Phone Oximeter is a smartphone app developed by two
'We are building predictive health care,' Mark Ansermino told the
Standard pulse oximeters can cost more than
To commercialize their invention, Ansermino and Dumont started LionsGate Technologies and subsidiary LGTmedical as a spinoff from
The company calls its enabling technology the Vital Signs DSP (Digital Signal Processor). Through its audio-based interface, the Vital Signs DSP connects standard medical sensors directly though the audio port (headset jack) of virtually any mobile device, allowing for ultra-low-cost vital signs monitoring. The Vital Signs DSP leverages the computing and display functions of mobile phones, tablets and laptops, thus making vital signs monitoring available to healthcare workers and consumers for a fraction of the price of current equipment.
According to LionsGate Technologies' website, 'This mHealth innovation leverages the global availability of mobile devices and will catapult the assessment and management of diseases from the hospital into non-hospital settings.'
'The technology has been extremely well received because it is a fully functioning, best-in-class oximeter at a lower price point,'
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review