ENP Newswire -
Release date- 16052014 - Commodity trader
The group's operating income from supply chains jumped 30 per cent to
Operating margin rose to 2.77 per cent from 1.98 per cent a year earlier.
The better operating margins despite a relatively flat tonnage and lower revenue, said Noble's chief executive
Performance across all three segments was encouraging, with the energy division posting record operating profit income of
The energy unit's margin jumped 2.9 per cent from 2.5 per cent a year ago.
The metals, minerals and ores (MMO) business was a star performer, with margins jumping to 2.4 per cent from 0.3 per cent, driven by higher aluminium premiums.
The agriculture business saw losses after tax narrow substantially to
The firm said a solid performance in
Earnings per share stood at 2.22 US cents, up from
The inspiring earnings aside, it was Noble's transformational deal to sell a 51 per cent stake in its agriculture business to Cofco,
The agri business suffered its worst year in 2013, incurring a net loss of
Quashing rumours that the deal could face some regulatory hurdles,
'This offers an exciting opportunity for Noble's shareholders to participate in the next phase of our agricultural platform development,' said
Tel: +852 2861 4625
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007