It's not much of a surprise, but West Bloomfield's Meryl Davis and pro partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy advanced to Tuesday's final of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."
Also advancing were "Full House" actress Candace Cameron Bure and Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy. Singer/actor James Maslow was eliminated.
But Meryl and Maks were in top form again with perfect scores for both of their dances -- an Argentine tango and a barefoot freestyle -- from judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba for the second week in a row.
"That was sumptrously seductive," Tonioli said of the tango.
"It was beautiful, sophisticated, sultry, sensuous perfection," Inaba said. "Again."
"And it keeps getting better," Tonioli said of the freestyle.
"I tell you, there's good, there's great, and there's Meryl," Goodman said said of the freestyle.
The finalists will dance one more time for the judges Tuesday night to decide who gets the coveted Mirrored Ball Trophy, but there will be plenty more dancing on the two-hour show (9 p.m., Channel 7 in Detroit).
That includes a dance with Meryl and her gold-medal Olympic partner Charlie White, who was eliminated last week.
Original headline: BRIEF: Meryl Davis advances to 'Dancing' final, will reunite with Charlie White
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire