"Last weekend, thousands of
In addition to in-person meetings, phone calls, emails and letters, social media is another way for Heitkamp to connect and hear from North Dakotans. Heitkamp has done several Twitter town halls in the past about education, the conflict in
How it works:
- Log on to www.Facebook.com and become a fan of Senator
- Follow along to see the other questions posted, and Heitkamp's responses.
- Senator Heitkamp will respond to as many questions as possible relating to student loans and college affordability.
Where: Senator Heidi Heitkamp's
As someone who paid for college with student loans, Heitkamp understands the importance of both making higher education more affordable, and enabling North Dakotans to more easily finance their studies without saddling them with insurmountable amounts of debt.
Heitkamp recently helped introduce a bill to allow North Dakotans with existing student loan debt to refinance to lower interest rates. Many borrowers with outstanding student loans have interest rates of nearly 7 percent or higher for undergraduate loans, while students taking out new undergraduate loans pay a rate of about 3.86 percent. The Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act would allow students to pay back their outstanding loans at the same, lower rates
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140520-4740262 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High