The federal government has disclosed a grand plan to supplement on-grid electricity generation and distribution across
Minister of State for Power,
The Minister of Power, Prof.
Wakil noted that
"As we are conversing now, we have concluded work on the National Policy on
This is in line with the commitment of the president to the
He further stated: "We are committed to driving the president's agenda, his vision of a
It is to that end that we are also working on the presidential initiative on renewable energy for power generation. This is to provide the needed political support at the highest level of government for local and foreign investment and drive in solar, wind, small hydro and bio mass power."
He explained that the government's policy thrust on renewable energy generation was aimed at displacing
"As at today,
Other parts of the country are great areas for wind and solar power. The draft renewable energy policy that we just finalised when finally approved will provide an integrated framework for all stakeholders especially investors in clean energy power generation."
Meanwhile, Nebo who visited two of the project locations of NASENI in Karshi,
He explained that with NASENI's strides in renewable energy generation, the government was confident of attaining a 10 per cent renewable energy generation target set for year 2020.
While observing that that NASENI has an impressive due diligence methodology and quality control mechanism to limit the use of sub-standard solar powered facilities in the country, Nebo said: "NASENI should be given all it takes for it to harness its potentials for solar and small hydro, as a way of growing the nation's renewable energy mix, adding that such off-grid energy could be deployed to provide power to the rural areas."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply