The loonie was down 0.36 of a cent to
The agency said that the motor vehicle and parts subsector recorded the largest decline in March. Excluding this subsector, wholesale sales edged up 0.1 per cent to
Markets are looking ahead to two other major reports this week.
The March reading on retail sales comes out Thursday and economists are looking for a rise of 0.3 per cent.
On Friday, markets will look to the latest inflation data and in turn what effect the reading could have on the Bank of
Economists expect the inflation data will show that the consumer price index rose two per cent year over year during April, up from the 1.5 per cent reading registered in the previous month.
On the commodity markets, the June crude contract in
Metals were also lower with July copper off
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga