The company also gave a bullish outlook, saying it expects to further expand the business at the same time as delivering profitable growth.
The company reported a pretax profit of
It said the launch of Varithena was progressing well and it expects the first commercial treatments in third quarter of 2014.
The company said it wants to build a
It said the growth in revenue at its interventional medicine business, to
BTG's beads include drug-elating beads, embolisation beads and radioactive beads.
"We now anticipate a period of sustainable, profitable growth combined with ongoing investment to expand the indicated uses and geographic availability of our products," Chairman
It said revenue in the current financial year is expected to be between
However, in a note to clients, Jefferies said the revenue estimate was between 4% and 8% below its current estimates, and while 2014 revenue had beaten hopes, largely thanks to the EkoSonic acquisition, profit was broadly in line with forecasts due to higher operational expenditure. The bank has a Hold rating on the stock.
BTG shares were down 1.8% at
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?