Under the terms of the partnership,
“The Airbus Defense and Space radar satellite missions are collecting data of unprecedented quality and accuracy on a global scale,” said
The precision and richness of Airbus’s radar data products, combined with the rigor of BAE Systems’ GEOINT exploitation and analysis expertise, will drive the development of advanced geospatial products that will benefit both the public and private sectors. The resulting GEOINT products will enhance mission planning for defense customers, support flight systems, improve emergency response, and help the world’s energy sector strategically plan new power grids, plot pipelines, and manage resources.
“BAE Systems’ expertise will leverage the SAR data we’re collecting into refined sets of geospatial intelligence products, that meet stringent U.S. government standards,” said
Airbus Defense and Space’s TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X are very high-resolution X-Band synthetic aperture radar (SAR) systems that collect data for precision change detection applications, maritime monitoring, digital elevation modeling, ground control point extractions, and topographical mapping in cloud persistent regions. The two satellites also acquired the data used to produce Airbus Defense and Space’s state-of-the art WorldDEM™, which is a highly accurate, homogenous global digital elevation product.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders