FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Ms.
The following is a copy of a letter to the Speaker of the
Alternate OSD Federal Register Liaison Officer,
See Illustration in Original Document.
Transmittal No. 14-04
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) Of the Arms Export Control Act, as amended
(i) Prospective Purchaser:
(ii) Total Estimated Value: GOES
Major Defense Equipment *..............................
.. * As defined in Section 47(6) of the Arms Export Control Act.
(iii) Description and Quantity or Quantities of Articles or Services under Consideration for Purchase: 7 Aerostats (17 meter) and 14 Rapid Aerostat Initial Deployment (RAID) Tower Systems, installation, spare and repair parts, support equipment, publications and technical data, site surveys, U.S. government and contractor technical assistance, personnel training and training equipment, and other related elements of program and logistics support.
(v) Prior Related Cases, if any: None
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology Contained in the Defense Article or Defense Services Proposed to be Sold: See Attached Annex
(viii) Date Report Delivered to
The Government of
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of
This proposed sale would facilitate progress towards increasing the
The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The principal contractor will be
Implementation of this proposed sale will require up to 12
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
Transmittal No. 14-04
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act
Annex--Item No. vii
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology:
1. The Aerostat and
2. If a technologically advanced adversary were to obtain knowledge of the specific hardware and software elements, the information could be used to develop countermeasures that might reduce weapon system effectiveness or be used in the development of a system with similar or advanced capabilities.
3. A determination has been made that the recipient country can provide the same degree of protection for the sensitive technology being released as the
4. All defense articles and services listed in this transmittal have been authorized for release and export to the Government of
Citation: "79 FR 28906"
Document Number: "Transmittal Nos. 14-04"
Federal Register Page Number: "28906"
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China