U.S. hedge fund
In a recent report to its investors, Third Point estimates that the value of the company's property assets has grown as a result of "Abenomics," the government's economic policy that features aggressive monetary easing.
Based on independent appraisals, the company's land bank in central
"Should management decide to spin off the property into a separate company that could achieve substantial financial leverage for redevelopment purposes ..., the company would realize enormous value for shareholders," it said.
The report also suggested that an increased focus on its high-return segments and its continued move away from "the suboptimal conglomerate structure of the past" would streamline its "path to value."
Third Point made headlines last year in
Third Point's exposure to IHI was not immediately known.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids